From October 14 to 19, WorldSkills 2017 will take place in Abu Dhabi
What do you want to be in the future?
WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 presents the world’s largest professional skills competition in the MENA region for the first time in October 2017.
- International visitors
- WSAD2017 supports the United Arab Emirates’ vision of a flourishing post-oil economy by preparing a generation of talented young Emiratians for the jobs of the future.
- With a target audience of Emirati teenagers and their parents, the event will feature approximately 50 skill competitions and a-go activities in six core skill sectors.
- Construction and building technology – 13 skill competitions
- Creative Arts and Fashion – 6 skill competitions
- Information and communication technology – 5 skill competitions
- Manufacturing and Engineering technology – 14 skill competitions
- Social and Personal Services – 7 skill competitions
- Transportation and logistics – 6 skill competitions
Discover everything you need to know about your hosts for World Skills Abu Dhabi 2017, from the city and its culture to the exhibition venue at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center, as well as the host member organizations ACTVET and EmiratesSkills.
WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 aims to inspire young people to study technical education and vocational skills for entrepreneurship or their careers in accordance with the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision. Entry to visit the ADNEC Contest is free, but you must register. Other events take place in parallel to the competition, which are not open to the public or require tickets.
- WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 signs Samsung as Overall Event Presenter
- More than 50K UAE students already registered to visit WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017
14 OCTOBER 2017 :OPENING CEREMONY
WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 will start with a spectacular opening ceremony at the Arena that will bring together thousands of competitors, officials and guests to attend the United Nations Parade and welcome Abu Dhabi and the UAE.
14 OCTOBER 2017 – 15 OCTOBER 2017 :INTERNATIONAL TVET YOUTH FORUM
The first International TVET Youth Forum will take place from 14 to 15 October 2017 at the WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017. This event is the first of its kind and is a unique opportunity for young professionals to shape the future of skills.
15 OCTOBER 2017 – 18 OCTOBER 2017 :COMPETITION
For four days, tens of thousands of visitors will attend nearly 1,300 competitors from 51 competitions representing their country or region as part of the world’s largest skill competition. Visitors can also try skill-related activities, get career advice and participate in contests by playing Skill It, our new mobile app.
16 OCTOBER 2017 – 17 OCTOBER 2017 :CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
The WorldSkills Conference program brings together leaders from around the world for a productive, informative and revealing program, the main theme of which is the 44th WorldSkills Competition. It is a unique opportunity to meet and network with today’s leaders and decision-makers, as well as meet global and future skills challenges.
19 OCTOBER 2017:CLOSING CEREMONY
Who will be the WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017 medalists?
The closing ceremony will reveal the winners of the gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as medallions for excellence, and the coveted Albert Vidal Award for the competitor with the highest points. The Closing Ceremony is a time of celebration and say goodbye to the old and new friends of the 44th WorldSkills competition, while waiting for Russia and WorldSkills Kazan 2019.
For more info you can visit the official website of the World Skills Abu Dhabi 2017
Subscribe now to Get the latest updates, stories and essential information about the world’s greatest skills competition (#WorldSkillsAbuDhabi2017).