Islam is a wonderful religion and as indicated by the Pew Research report is also the fastest growing. It has throughout the years inspired various individuals to contemplate and even to change over to it. Indeed, even famous people, who have earned worldwide acknowledgment, have seen the excellence of this peaceful religion, in the long run converting from different beliefs or atheism to Islam. Of late, Lindsay Lohan is making rounds via social networking for purportedly changing over to Islam! The Hollywood diva’s Instagram account is wiped clean with the Muslim welcome “Alaikum salaam” as her shoutout to her fans. Furthermore, she has frequently been spotted conveying the Holy Quran. Be that as it may, no official statement has been given by Lohan herself on the matter! Islam is also famous for its ancient structures. Have a look at some of the top thrilling Islamic architecture of the world.
- 14 International Celebs who Converted to Islam
- A.R. Rahman (Allah-Rakha Rahman)
- Mike Tyson
- Sharmila Tagore Aka Begum Ayesha Sultana
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Janet Jackson
- Ice Cube
- Snoop Dogg
- Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Hans Raj Hans
- Carley Watts
- 24-year old English glamor model, Carley Watts is a huge name in the modeling industry. She met 25-year old Mohammed Salah, a lifeguard when she was in Tunisia for vacations. Carley shocked all of her fans by announcing openly that she will not continue her career anymore and converting to Islam.
- Yousuf Youhana
- Yousuf Youhana was born in a Christian family. He is a former cricketer who played for the Pakistan cricket team. He converted over to Islam in 2005. Before his conversion to Islam, Yousuf was one of the few Christian cricketers to play for Pakistan. He has changed his name and now he is called as Mohammad Yousuf.
- Jehangir Vakil
- Jehangir Vakil Attari is a former Indian actor. He was known with the name ‘Pratap’ in the Indian daily soap ‘Balika Vadhu’. Later his character was announced as dead from the show and it helped him gain a huge popularity and fan base. Later on, Jehangir Vakil started watching Madani Channel. Then he converted to Islam after impressing Dawat-e-Islami and left the industry. His new name is Muhammad Jehangir Attari.
- Pooja Lama
- Pooja Lama is a famous Nepali actress, model, and singer. She embraced Islam about 5-months ago when her age was 28. Pooja Lama, who born in a Buddhist family, adopted Islam in Kathmandu. Now, her new name is Amna Faruki.
- Mamta Kulkarni
- Mamta Kulkarni, sizzling sensation from the 90s, had disappeared from the industry more than a decade ago. According to some reports, she converted over to Islam to marry her Muslim lover. Vicky, now 52 years old, was released from Dubai prison on November 15, 2012. While in prison he converted over to Islam and married Mamta Kulkarni. She was managing his real-estate business that time in his absence
14 International Celebs who Converted to Islam
Take a look at these international celebrities who have converted to Islam:
A.R. Rahman (Allah-Rakha Rahman)
Known for his astounding music creations, the incredible Indian music maker/artist/musician was born in a Hindu family unit, as Dileep Kumar. While his mom, propelled by Sufism, had a place with an Islamic family before her marriage, Rahman grew up as a Hindu. It was only after he met Qadiri Islam, when his more youthful sister fell extremely sick, that he was attracted to the lovely goals and estimations of Islam. Enlivened, he soon changed over his faith.
The world’s undisputed heavyweight champion, Mike Tyson, changed over to Islam, while he was detained, from 1992 to 1995, for committing rape. Not very many individuals thought about his transformation until the point that he tweeted a photograph of himself, before the heavenly Kaaba in Mecca, in 2010, performing Umrah. He is one of those hollywood celebrities with apartments in UAE.
Sharmila Tagore Aka Begum Ayesha Sultana
Conceived as a Hindu Sharmila Tagore, the award winning on-screen character changed over to Islam when she experienced passionate feelings for Indian Muslim cricketer, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi. She changed her faith with a specific end goal to wed Khan in 1969. While Tagore felt the weight to change over to Islam before wedding a Muslim, her daughter-in-law, Kareena Kapoor Khan, didn’t want to do likewise before wedding Muslim performing artist, Saif Ali Khan.
Conceived as Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor Jr., the star NBA player, changed over to Islam, when he found about his Muslim legacy. In the wake of following his family line back to the Muslim slaves who were conveyed to US, the star NBA player changed over to his ancestor’s religion Islam in 1968 and later, changed his name to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Sister of unbelievable vocalist, Michael Jackson, and famous on-screen character/artist, Janet Jackson changed over to Islam in 2013 to have the capacity to wed her Muslim life partner, Wissam Al Mana. In the wake of getting married with the Qatar-based very rich person business visionary, Jackson resigned from entertainment industry as well, asserting that she was drained from the adversarial business and required some privacy from the snooping paparazzi. In any case, she is good to go to make a comeback this year with another album, under her own particular record label.
Popular rapper and performer, Ice Cube, changed over to Islam, in the mid-1990s, again by the motivation of Nation of Islam. While the rapper related himself with the Nation of Islam when he initially changed over, he now claims to have cut all ties with the influential group. He doesn’t practice Islamic rituals like heading off to the mosque yet at the same time claims to be a believer.
The notorious hip hop rapper, Snoop Dogg, was yet another Islamic change over, with credits to the Nation of Islam. He claims to have joined the movement to spread peace and amicability; in any case, he changed religions again a short three years after the fact.
Yuvan Shankar Raja
Ilaiyaraaja’s child, Yuvan Shankar Raja is India’s youngest music writer. Notwithstanding the way that he was naturally introduced to a Hindu family, Yuvan in the long run chose to change over to Islam. His dad was superstitious to the point that notwithstanding when a glass broke, he would call a pundit. He contemplated that he had discovered comfort in the Quran. Yuvan first found his otherworldly existence when his mom had passed away and he was feeling low. Around then, he chanced upon a meeting with a friend who had as of late gone to the Mecca. The companion gifted him a prayer mat and Yuvan began perusing the Quran and praying on the mat on a regular basis.
Hans Raj Hans
The Pakistani media is buzzing with reports that prevalent Indian vocalist Hans Raj Hans has changed over to Islam. The artist, who is Sikh by birth, has belted out some well known chartbusters like ‘Aaja nachle,’ ‘Dil tote’ and ‘Duma dum mast…’. It has been accounted for that the vocalist is pleased to have changed over to Islam and has been reported a craving to visit Medina. He was purportedly examining Islamic writing for as long as few days and has created confidence in the estimations of Islam as a religion. His interest for Islam is entirely apparent from the way that he chose to stick to just the Sufi class of singing, which has its source in Islam. In any case, his child Navraj has denied these reports.
Apart from all these celebs, some rumours also suggest that highly famed Bollywood actress of yesteryears, Mamta Kulkarni also converted to Islam. So what do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.